vtiger CRM 5.0.4: Release Notes
Date: March 10, 2008
Welcome to vtiger CRM!
We are happy to announce the release of vtiger CRM 5.0.4. In this release, our core focus was on the security, UTF-8 support, stability of the existing features and enhancements in user experience.
For a detailed explanation Click Here
Table of Contents
- Key Statistics
- Bug Fixes
- Integrated Patches
- Known Issues
- Upgrading Procedure
- Past Releases
- Contact Information
||900+ Click Here
- Platform Independent - 12 MB
- Windows (EXE) - 32 MB
- Linux (BIN) - 50 MB
||Available for migrating data from 4.2.3, 5.0.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3 RC 2, 5.0.3, 5.0.4-rc to 5.0.4.
||vtiger CRM - PHP Documentation
|| URL: Click Here
Available at vtiger Wiki
2. Key Statistics
3. Bug Fixes
We have fixed about 900+ issues in the current release. Following list will give you a better idea on the issues addressed in various modules.
Top 10 - Bug Fixes:
- 5156 Serious Security Issue
- 2107 Huge security hole
- 4102 Passwords stored in clear text
- 4123 HTTP_POST_VARS in Save Report
- 4437 Negative Rule Filters Output Wrong Result
- 4143 Custom sharing rules not working properly
- 4050 Error on lead conversion
- 4061 Problem with .info TLD
- 4439 Image Upload Detection Failure
- 4158 i18n issue at PDF output reports
For a complete list of bug fixes, please refer: vtiger Bug Tracker
4. Integrated Patches
We have integrated around 50 patches in the current release, contributed by our Community.
Top 10 - Integrated Patches:
- 3283 i18n issue at calendar (all events and tasks)
- 2279 Role assignment upon user creation broken
- 2318 RTF document merge instead of word merge
- 2346 Calendar Week View Action button displays improperly
- 2350 Navigation dropdown problem in IE (and Safari?)
- 2404 Problem with HTML Tags in AltBody(Text) on Email, (umlaute)
- 2730 Problem in Search and Tag Search when modules are disabled for a profile
- 3004 Patches to log entries for php 5.2
- 3719 Error causing blank screen problem - fix
- 3832 Picklist encoding problem
For a complete list of patches integrated, please refer: vtiger Integrated Patches
5. Known Issues
We have fixed many more issues in the present release. However at the end-of-the-day we have some known issues left open, which will be addressed in the subsequent releases.
Few Known issues:
- Field length validation is not available.
- System details information will not be complete, if operating system applies restriction.
- Created Time and Modified Time depends on the timezone format set in php configuration or server.
- Pagination is not supported in Global Search.
For a complete list of known issues, see: vtiger Bug Tracker
- Limited Field Level Security in Inventory PDF and Dashboards.
- Chat does not work during the heavy load in the server.
- In future release, week view UI will be changed, so all the events are displayed at start time of the event.
- If events start time is lesser than the Calendar start time, it will not be displayed in the calendar view.
This section is only for the existing vtiger CRM users. If you are planning to use vtiger CRM first time, please skip this section.
- We recommend users to take a backup of the existing database and source code before migrating to vtiger CRM 5.0.4.
- If you have customized the source code and database, please contact your developers or write to us at email@example.com so that we can suggest a proper migration path.
Step 1: Copy vtiger CRM 5.0.4 - Patch files in to your vtiger CRM root directory.
Step 2: Migrate your database from earlier version to the latest version.
To upgrade from v4.2.3, 5.0.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3-rc2, 5.0.3, 5.0.4-rc to v5.0.4
- Select Settings --> Other Settings --> Migration Wizard
- Make the recommended changes if any for your install before proceeding, if you need utf-8 support.
- In the Migration Wizard, select the options according to your requirements
- It will take some time to migrate the data. Kindly do not close the browser during migration process.
8. Past Releases
9. Contact Information
Check the details here.